I love endurance sports. Sadly years of training have taught me that I am not the best responder to training. However, support of my family, plus monitoring my HRV, and well-being metrics with Wattson Blue has allowed me to reach new performance highs while in full time work, which has been eye opening and incredibly rewarding.
Here are my various pb’s:
- 5k erg: 17m00s @ 77kg (2015): dynamic, rate 36.
- 2k erg: 6m26s @ 77kg (2015): dynamic, rate 38
- 25m tt: 56m27s (2008) (though I got really close to this on my road bike in August 2017!)
- 10m tt: 22m25s (2008)
- 5k run: 18m52s (2017 – flat training run)
- 10k run: 38m26s (2018 – Town and Gown 10k)
- best 20 minute power: 329w @ 74kg (October 2022, zwift) [I also hit my best 8 minute power of 402w in the same week at the National Hill Climb]