2014 New Year's Resolutions
First of January. It has to be done, doesn't it?
- Take more photos. It can be a little lame taking photos out when you are having a couple of drinks, or in the middle of something - but looking back at all those photos 3 months or 3 years down the line, it is worth it.
Update: The year started with lots of photos but I do think it slowed down - still I have taken more photos this year than last year
- Less TV/Youtube/Vine. I know, it's a classic one. The only way around it is by finding another hobby though to fill your time with.
Fail - problem is all the new video streaming services, so I am watching a lot less TV, but a lot more on demand videos. Come on stop that.
- Don't get injured. Not really a new year resolution, but come on body, let's not get injured this year. Let's build it up slowly. Keep track of what you are doing and keep injury free.
Nope, no fucking way, kept getting injured. I was actually injury free last term, but then my 5k time did not improve at all. I now definitely believe in No Pain No Gain.
- Play a team sport other than rowing. Pick your choice. Cricket or Basketball for college are probably safe options.
Success: I played cricket, basketball and volleyball - although exactly once each. I got 2 or 3 runs in cricket, didn't score anything in the basketball, though did defend well, and did score a few points in volleyball. Overall pretty successful I would say
- Bonus Point. Do something other than Life Sciences (my DPhil), Rowing, Cycling, and hanging out with Friends.
well I played a few sports didn't I.
I shall update this list on how things are going.
Posted on 18 Dec 2014, 7:39 p.m.
posted under: New Years Resolutionsback to Blog